New Tutorials, Manuscript Now Available

Hi everyone,

As a follow-up to my message last Thursday, I have now uploaded a draft copy of the manuscript and lesson files for the Conceptual Guides port for LibreOffice. You can find these files in the following location within the Alfresco site repository:

English Content | Documentation | Tutorials & How-tos | A Conceptual Guide to LibreOffice Learning Series.

What is currently available is the manuscript of the lessons ported for LibreOffice and the lesson files that accompany these chapters / tutorials. There are a total of 9 tutorials currently available suitable for individual learners as well as for use in academic environments. There are tutorials / lessons for use with Writer, Calc, Impress and Base.

Please note that the manuscript files do not contain screenshots; they are simply .odt text files of the chapters themselves. The primary purpose of the manuscript files are to make it easier for making adaptations, native language translations and/or incorporation into other works.

I am currently trying to work on taking these manuscript files and importing them into the LibreOffice Documentation chapter templates, as well as adding the screenshots, so that they reflect the current format used for the Users Guides. As these are completed, I will be adding them to the repository in the same location noted above.

Hope these resources will be of benefit. As always, feel free to notify me of any issues with the documentation and related resources, as well as any improvements you think can be made to them.

Best regards,
Gabriel Gurley

Hi :slight_smile:
Excellent. It's good to see a lot of good stuff is being produce by quite a few
hard-workers here.

Someone on the Users List mentioned Andrew's new book
http://www.pitonyak.org/OOME_3_0.odt

which i think would be good to link to from our Macro Chapters?

I remember Andrew asking about putting LibreOffice on the cover but Branding
were in the middle of a huge debate about Branding and how to display which
logos when. So almost all the answers to Andrew tended to be a bit heated
rather than helpful.

Someone on the Users List mentioned Andrew's new book
http://www.pitonyak.org/OOME_3_0.odt

Just remember, it is currently a work in progress. The in process German translation is currently hosted here:

http://www.uni-due.de/~abi070/ooo.html

which i think would be good to link to from our Macro Chapters?

I remember Andrew asking about putting LibreOffice on the cover but Branding
were in the middle of a huge debate about Branding and how to display which
logos when. So almost all the answers to Andrew tended to be a bit heated
rather than helpful.

You got that right.... I noticed that LO draws some people that are in it purely for some ideology. I will not state a specific ideology because that ideology varies somewhat (no big surprise there).

When I am finished and the dust settles a bit I will go back to my graphic artist and have a discussion. I don't even know if OOo will exist as OOo in one year.