Bug-Report Guide & accessibility

Hi :slight_smile:
Documentation on how to post a bug-report would be great! There is an excellent
wiki-page here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
That might benefit from a bit of re-arranging and tidy-up. I have forwarded an
email from the Accessibility list that might be worth incorporating. It's all
waaay beyond me.

PS i have CC'd this email to the Accessibility list just to keep people
informed.

We have a docs "wish list" here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Wish_List_for_User_Documentation

It's a good place to add topics, as well as mentioning them on the list.

Yes, I know that page is not obvious. The Docs part of the wiki,
especially the bits intended for people producing docs, seriously needs
reorganisation. No one's had time to do it.

Ahah, added a couple of ideas there. Mostly just what has already been
suggested (and not retracted) in the lists.

Tom Davies schrieb:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
That might benefit from a bit of re-arranging and tidy-up.

Hi,

yes, those hints have been created step by step with growing knowledge and without and design, didactics and / or methodology. Currently there still are lots of changes, expecially on <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-FAQ> and <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details>. I believe that will be finished end of August, and then some rework to get those pages more uniform, well arranged and "nice" (instead of those "text deserts" they currently are) would be great. Unfotunately I am not talented for that at all.

Kind regards

Rainer.

Hi :slight_smile:
I actually like the pages as they are. A lot of good work has clearly gone into
them and they are obviously well cared for and very current.

LibreOffice has entire pages of crucial information that many other projects
lack. Some of the 3,200 visits to the Bug-Report Guide are probably from people
that are not the original writers and any of those people could have joined in
with helping to make it prettier. Editing a page like that can be scary for new
people at first but it's a good way for them to start getting involved.

The work is good and obviously much appreciated. It's obviously "good enough"
(or better) otherwise loads of people would have edited it a lot already.

Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: