Lol, phew.  I thought you were on a wrong track but wasn't completely sure.

The longer gaps between series 3.3.x releases (and it's generally better
stability) made me think it was stable branch and 3.4.x was development as
various other OpenSource projects do.  But i think that's not the way the devs
see it.