I think that having them on the wiki makes it clearer and avoids scaring people
with redirects.  The wiki site just got spammed on a few main pages today so i
think it helps to avoid being scary.  Also it means we have the originals safely
out of reach?

I'm not sure if those are the reasons nor if they are good ones.  Just my 2¢
too.