Base

Hi :slight_smile:

The problem with the Base guide is not that people aren't keen. There are at
least 2 people that joined Documentation specifically to work on it rather than
on other guides. The problem seems to be that Base is a bit quirky and keeps
suffering odd regressions. What works and what doesn't is very unpredictable in
each release and even what 'should' work is not always clear.

We need to attract devs to work on Base. At the moment there are none
apparently. Perhaps now that IBM contributed all that code to Apache the
OpenOffice Base might take a large step forwards but again that makes LO's Base
difficult to write for unless we can get that code base into LO too.