Impress Guide_Introducing Impress

David Nelson wrote,

Jaimon Jacob wrote:

One doubt again. It is said in Libreoffice Styleguide, "Make sure
that the names of user interface items (menus, icons, options, dialog
boxes, and windows) match what appears in the application." Does it
mean that the GUI elements (name of windows, menus, dialog, or any
word appear on the GUI) should be formatted using OOomenupath
character style? I see GUI elements formatted with Ooomenupath in
procedures but not when mentioned in other parts. Just making sure...

Basically the idea is to match the wording and capitalization, as
regards menus, menu items, etc., and to use the same icons seen in
screenshots. I can't suggest a definitive recommendation about the use
of OOomenupath. I see at least one occurrence of OOoEmphasis used for
the same purpose in Chapter 2, Producing LibreOffice User Guides, for
instance. My 2-cent suggestion would be to use OOomenupath
systematically?

The chapter template includes a summary of the styles and their intended
uses. Gary Schnabl was updating the discussion in the template. I was
intending to extract that info from the template (after Gary's updates)
and copy it into another chapter of the Documentation Contributors'
Guide, to make answers to this type of question easier to find.

--Jean
P.S. Yes, I've returned from my latest travels, which were excellent,
fabulous, awesome... also exhausting.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome back Jean!