Impress Guide_Introducing Impress

Hi all,

This document had already been proofread by Chad Lines and the images had already been updated by Song and Sufyan using Radiance theme. As the question still exists as to whether they should be updated using xp theme, I haven't touched those images. The only work left for me was to update one image which Chad had marked to be changed, and I have done that. I am assuming that the documents in drafts except the first one are yet to be proofread/reviewed as I cannot see any comments on them. Shall I do that?

Thanks
Jaimon

Hi :slight_smile:
My vote would be +1 to that :slight_smile: Is there any clue on the status of the Draw
guides? It's really your choice what you work on but it's nice that you ask in
here.

Thanks, good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Jaimon,

I am assuming that the documents in drafts except the first one are yet to be proofread/reviewed as I cannot see any comments on them. Shall I do that?

Yes, that is indeed the case. Please do feel free to go ahead, and
thank you again. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks. No idea about Draw guide.

Jaimon

Hi

I think there are some updates to come from Martin Fox. Jean has went through chapters 1-5 and updated screen shots. As soon as I find the master document template/guide I will set up the master.

Regards

John

Hi all,

One doubt again.  It is said in Libreoffice Styleguide, "Make sure that the names of user interface items (menus, icons, options, dialog boxes, and windows) match what appears in the application." Does it mean that the GUI elements (name of windows, menus, dialog, or any word appear on the GUI) should be formatted using OOomenupath character style?  I see GUI elements formatted with Ooomenupath in procedures but not when mentioned in other parts. Just making sure...

Jaimon

Hi :slight_smile:
I thought this meant whatever pops up in the tool-tips when the mouse hovers
over the item? Now i am not at all sre what it means!
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Jaimon,

One doubt again.  It is said in Libreoffice Styleguide, "Make sure that the names of user interface items (menus, icons, options, dialog boxes, and windows) match what appears in the application." Does it mean that the GUI elements (name of windows, menus, dialog, or any word appear on the GUI) should be formatted using OOomenupath character style?  I see GUI elements formatted with Ooomenupath in procedures but not when mentioned in other parts. Just making sure...

Basically the idea is to match the wording and capitalization, as
regards menus, menu items, etc., and to use the same icons seen in
screenshots. I can't suggest a definitive recommendation about the use
of OOomenupath. I see at least one occurrence of OOoEmphasis used for
the same purpose in Chapter 2, Producing LibreOffice User Guides, for
instance. My 2-cent suggestion would be to use OOomenupath
systematically?

Hi,

Thanks Tom and David :slight_smile:

Jaimon

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks is really to you Jaimon, and to everyone else getting on with the real
documentation work.