[INVOLVED] - Noob speek

Hi stuff!

I already subscribed for the newsletter. Can someone priv. me how to begin
and what to do? I already worked with documentation with Viky modul. But I
don't know your method of work. Pls. priv me (honti.marcell@gmail.com)

Hobbit

Hi :slight_smile:
David can set-up a user-name and password for the Alfresco sites where
documentation is kept. The current guides that only need a little work are
Impress and Draw. I think it's mostly a case of doing screen-shots using
LibreOffice 3.3.3 using a gnu&linux such as Ubuntu. There is a special
silver(ish) theme that is particularly good. I think Math(s) still needs both
screen-shots and proof-reading so if you want to get stuck into work as a
wordsmith then that might be a good place to start. Impress might need some
light proof-reading too.

Base is the big daunting challenge that we are hoping will magically evaporate.

Hi!

Ok let's do it :slight_smile: So as summary it's a work like, i read and at the points
it's not understandable I create some screenshots, to show where and what
and I upload them or insert them in the documentation?

Hobbit

Hi :slight_smile:

You might like to have a look at the 1st editions that the team has managed to
produce
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
There are a lot of gaps!

Most of the guides were written for OpenOffice and have screen-shots showing
OpenOffice menus and icons and stuff. We need to race through fast mainly just
doing rebranding to get the first release of documentation out there asap.

Once the first edition is out there we can go through more leisurely. Jaimon is
doing an excellent job of getting the screen-shots right. Through various legal
advisors and discussion in the list we became quite pedantic about using a
specific theme (a nice silver fairly high contrast one) and using Ubuntu instead
of Windows. Do you use Windows or Ubuntu or another Gnu&Linux, Bsd or Mac btw?
I think a few people could set-up a user-name and password for Alfresco but
David is the one that understands the system best. Do you have a preference for
user-name? If so then please let us know otherwise you might just be given one
that looks about right. I guess you would prefer "Hobbit"?

The Base guide is as you say. Almost completely unwritten but it's difficult to
get into due to the nature of Base at the moment.

Hi!

I am a Windows user, because of the university, and my job. I previously
looked through this guide. For username I would prefer: h0bb1t. As password
something random :smiley: I have an virtualised Ubuntu, so I can
do screenshots where I want to, but snag-it for windows is more preferred
for me.

Hobbit

Hi,

I am a Windows user, because of the university, and my job. I previously
looked through this guide. For username I would prefer: h0bb1t. As password
something random :smiley: I have an virtualised Ubuntu, so I can
do screenshots where I want to, but snag-it for windows is more preferred
for me.

I created your account and mailed you off-list with the details.