Master document files for user guides

I'm collecting (and, where necessary, updating) the master document
(.ODM) files for the user guides and will add them to Alfresco later
today.

Should I put them all into "Resources" or into the spaces for the
individual books? If the latter, which subspace should they go into?
Published?

(I can make an argument for all of those choices, but would like to
know what seems logical to other people.)

--Jean

Hi Jean,

I'm collecting (and, where necessary, updating) the master document
(.ODM) files for the user guides and will add them to Alfresco later
today.

Should I put them all into "Resources" or into the spaces for the
individual books? If the latter, which subspace should they go into?
Published?

My suggestion would be the Resources space - at least for the moment.
After a bit of housekeeping, we can see where's the most logical place
to put them...

Hi :slight_smile:
Is it possible to create links or short-cuts? Then they could be kept in
Resources to easily be able to keep them consistent with each other while also
having easy access in other places?

Hi Tom,

Hi :slight_smile:
Is it possible to create links or short-cuts?  Then they could be kept in
Resources to easily be able to keep them consistent with each other while also
having easy access in other places?

Yes, it certainly is possible to create shortcuts/links, but maybe
it's best to put them in the Resources space for now without other
links. While Jean's away, I'll have a good housekeep and tidy up, and
then we can figure out possibly better arrangements when she's back.

+1

I think I should make a subspace under Resources for the master
documents, so they are easy to find and don't get lost in the other
docs in resources.

+1
then. I had been trying to find a way of having both different ways available
but keeping all the master documents in the resources section. Sub-folder makes
sense.

If we can't have sub-folders then perhaps a name such as

Master-Impress- 2011-07-04-v1.odm

Errr, the reverse date and v number is what i use at work. The Docs Team uses
something a bit more sophisticated i think. I know folders on a machine can be
sorted in date or format order but at work i find it helps to be quite explicit
in the names.

I have now uploaded all the master documents into English > Resources >
Master Documents. I have also put the revised *book* template into
English > Resources. Be sure to get the latest book template if you plan
to work on compiling a book using one of the master documents. (Most
people won't be compiling books, so they won't need that template.)

--Jean

Hi

Does anyone know where the resources are I have looked on Alfresco but don't see them.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Hi

Does anyone know where the resources are I have looked on Alfresco but don't
see them.

Company Home > English Content [en - English] > Documentation > Resources

(If you're looking via alfresco.libreoffice.org, check page 2 of the
spaces list.)