does updating web pages fall under "documentation"?

i notice that here:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/

the versions listed are still 3.3. is that the sort of thing that
should be updated given that 3.4.1 is out? and does pointing out that
sort of thing on the libreoffice.org web pages fall under the mandate
of documentation? thanks.

rday

Hi :slight_smile:
The 3.4.x branch is development / testing / cooking branch for early adopters
and people that like to have advanced functionality early and are quite happy
with occasional instabilities and frequent re-installs.

The 3.2.x is the stable branch for corporate users and people that want to be
able to stick with a particular version for a year before needing to
re-install.

Many OpenSource projects use this tactic in order to cover the 2 opposite needs
of very different users. It helps deal with the problems in the "Release early
and release often" model as described in the "Cathedral and Bazaar"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar

i notice that here:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/

the versions listed are still 3.3.  is that the sort of thing that
should be updated given that 3.4.1 is out?  and does pointing out that
sort of thing on the libreoffice.org web pages fall under the mandate
of documentation?  thanks.

Logically it should. I was originally greatly involved in producing
those pages, and tried to encourage docs people to get involved in
maintaining them.

If you'd like to take part in that and need permissions on the site,
and guidance on how to update the pages, I'll be happy to fix you up.