[libreoffice-users] Impress, Master Slides and Custom Animations

Hi :slight_smile:
Another person that has not subscribed to the Documentation Mailing List, yet.

If I understand the question correctly, what he wants to do is possible
in LO. However, if he is saving in a PowerPoint format instead of ODP,
that could be the problem. Some things don't save to PPT properly; I
don't remember if these effects are among them.

I don't think what he wants is done using Master pages, but in the show
itself. (But I don't use Impress much, so I could be wrong.) Animations
and transitions are covered in Chapter 9, Slide Shows, in the Impress
Guide. Impress Guide is in draft form in Alfresco; AFAIK, that chapter
has not yet been updated for LibreOffice, so he could get the OOo
version of the same chapter here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

--Jean

Forgot to say... LibreOffice may have some extra functionality in this
area that OOo lacks (I don't know). It's one of the things that
someone needs to verify when updating the OOo Impress Guide for LibO.

Tom, I'm not subscribed to the users list, and won't do so until late
July (after my upcoming trip), so you may want to pass my notes on to
that list if you haven't already done so.

--Jean

Hi Jean :slight_smile:
Thanks :slight_smile: I had already forwarded your previous post but got a bit swamped at
work today and forgot to let anyone know i had done that.

I'm not great at writing documentation but i think i am just about able to point
people in roughly the right direction sometimes. It's difficult to cope with
the flood of emails in the users list and there are already quite a few of good
people answering questions well, even if we don't always agree with each other.
This Impress question was unusual and i thought the docs team might have the
best answers for it.

Forgot to say... LibreOffice may have some extra functionality in this
area that OOo lacks (I don't know). It's one of the things that
someone needs to verify when updating the OOo Impress Guide for LibO.

Tom, I'm not subscribed to the users list, and won't do so until late
July (after my upcoming trip), so you may want to pass my notes on to
that list if you haven't already done so.

--Jean

> If I understand the question correctly, what he wants to do is possible
> in LO. However, if he is saving in a PowerPoint format instead of ODP,
> that could be the problem. Some things don't save to PPT properly; I
> don't remember if these effects are among them.
>
> I don't think what he wants is done using Master pages, but in the show
> itself. (But I don't use Impress much, so I could be wrong.) Animations
> and transitions are covered in Chapter 9, Slide Shows, in the Impress
> Guide. Impress Guide is in draft form in Alfresco; AFAIK, that chapter
> has not yet been updated for LibreOffice, so he could get the OOo
> version of the same chapter here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

> --Jean
>
>> Hi :slight_smile:
>> Another person that has not subscribed to the Documentation Mailing List,
yet.
>> Regards from

of