AutoText file(s)

Jean, what I intend to do concerning AutoText in my future versions of the templates is to include a downloadable *.bau file with the predefined AutoText entries dedicated for each individual template, which can be downloaded and included in a user's AutoText folder, such as:
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\Basis\share\autotext\en-US for an XP installation in US English, for example. [I reckon other Windows operating systems would employ the same folder.] This should eliminate confusion when different page sizes, etc. are used for different templates. Each *.bau file needs a carefully descriptive filename for each template variant, so that the users need not have to create any such AutoText entries, unless they choose to.

Gary

Excellent! Thanks, Gary, much appreciated. I've never used multiple .bau
files, but they sound very useful. I certainly don't have time to create
such things myself, despite their usefulness. (I could say the same
about a lot of other ideas I've had.)

--Jean

The *.bau AutoText files are really simple to build. Each *.bau category file is essentially a set of AutoText entries. What one needs to do is to create a descriptive filename for a BAU category file and load a category file with AT entries. Then, that category shows up in a user's AutoText, which then can contain any number of AutoText entries.

Right now, I have created a LO 3_3_3 chapter template_USLetter.bau file for US Letter pages and another LO 3_3_3 chapter template_A4.bau file for A4 pages. All that is needed is to create an archive (ZIP) file and include a dedicated BAU file for each template download. Pretty brain-dead simple, actually.

I created AutoText for tables and figures (with their captions), so inserting anything AutoTexted is merely done via an AutoText Insert command. Afterward, those AT-inserted graphics can be replaced with the desired graphical content via the clipboard or whatever.

Gary