What I'm doing with LibO and Apache OOo

I have accepted an invitation to join the Apache PPMC (Podling Project
Management Committee) for OpenOffice.org. My writing activities,
including the new book, may be delayed for awhile. So much for cutting
back on administrative duties!

As for LibreOffice Docs, I'm going back to my former role as opinionated
senior advisor and respository of obscure knowledge about the docs
files. I continue to believe that the more the LibO and OOo docs teams
can work together, the better off we'll all be, given the small numbers
of experienced people involved. Just how to make that happen, assuming
others agree with me, is something to be worked out.

--Jean

I have accepted an invitation to join the Apache PPMC (Podling
Project Management Committee) for OpenOffice.org.

Good luck!

I continue to believe that the more the LibO
and OOo docs teams can work together, the better off we'll all be,

+1
my full support for this belief.

Nino

+1
You are a generous contributor. Thank you.

Carl

Hi :slight_smile:
+1
Good to hear they are sensible enough to invite you! I thought that was the
role of ODFauthors? However Hal has been doing an excellent job of that along
with Jean :slight_smile:

Tom,
ODFAuthors is only a place (virtual as well as physical) for people to
work together; the people (individually and as a team) have to choose to
use it.

One must distinguish between ODFAuthors (the website) and ODFAuthors
(the documentation group), each of which can cover multiple projects.
Working together as a team does not require the use of the same website
for all stages of document production, but it does make collaboration
easier. The mechanics of collaboration can be worked out, but only if
the people involved want to collaborate.

--Jean

Congratulations

Hi Jean,

files. I continue to believe that the more the LibO and OOo docs teams
can work together, the better off we'll all be, given the small numbers
of experienced people involved. Just how to make that happen, assuming
others agree with me, is something to be worked out.

Well, as I've mentioned in the past, as LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org
are likely to progessively become increasingly divergent over time, in
terms of user interface and functionality, I'm not sure how easy or
feasible that really will be... but certainly the intentions behind
the idea are praiseworthy.

In any case, congrats and good luck with your new plans, and I'm sure
you'll always find open ears and open minds among LibreOffice
Documentation team contributors as regards any new ideas you bring to
the table.