Request: Short Howto about installation of an Extension into LibreOffice

Hi all,

in the last days I managed to create a new environment for an extension repository.
There are some duties left for the new repo. I think it might be a good idea to
provide the users of the new environment a link to a howto about the installation of
an Extension. It should be a step by step explanation with some screenshots inside
and make it easy for not experienced users to install such an extension.
Are there an volunteer who want to write such a short howto (in English), that could
be translated later?

Regards,
Andreas

Whoever volunteers to do this can start with the section on installing
extensions found in Chapter 14 (Customizing LibreOffice) of the Getting
Started guide and add any other illustrations that may be necessary.

The GS info (and similar in other books) may need to be updated as well,
if the process is different from the one described in the current books.

--Jean

Hi Jean, *,

> Hi all,
>
> in the last days I managed to create a new environment for an extension
> repository. There are some duties left for the new repo. I think it
> might be a good idea to provide the users of the new environment a link
> to a howto about the installation of an Extension. It should be a step
> by step explanation with some screenshots inside and make it easy for
> not experienced users to install such an extension. Are there an
> volunteer who want to write such a short howto (in English), that could
> be translated later?

Whoever volunteers to do this can start with the section on installing
extensions found in Chapter 14 (Customizing LibreOffice) of the Getting
Started guide and add any other illustrations that may be necessary.

thanks for the hint. I used that chapter and created the short howto out of it. I
uploaded it in the file format pdf to the new extension-template-website. It is
currently here: http://extensions2.libreoffice.org/help-downloads/installing-
extensions/view

Feel free to comment. If someone want to update the document, I can provide the odt-
file. Is there a place, where I should upload the odt-file?

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the hint. I used that chapter and created the short howto out of it. I
uploaded it in the file format pdf to the new extension-template-website. It is
currently here: http://extensions2.libreoffice.org/help-downloads/installing-
extensions/view

Feel free to comment. If someone want to update the document, I can provide the odt-
file. Is there a place, where I should upload the odt-file?

Well you could always upload it to Alfresco (for instance, "Company
Home > (en) English [English] Content > Miscellaneous" would be a good
place). If you want, I can create an Alfresco account for you, so you
can do that. Or you could mail it to me and I'd do it for you, if you
prefer?