Screenshot quality, Getting Started Chapter 1

The theme used has good, clear contrast and should print well. The
highlighted items where the text is white on a blue background are not
ideal, but okay IMO.

Some minor problems found.
Figure 2: Arrow from "Click here are drag" label points in the wrong
direction and does not connect to the spot where the user should click.
The pic in the section on "Opening an existing document" has a similar
problem, with the arrow on the lower right pointing in the wrong
direction.

Figures 3 and 4: Label text is much too large (it was also too large on
the original). Figure 3: arrows are good (better than the original), but
do not actually point to the handles. Also, the picture should be
cropped on left and right to remove the excess white space.

Figure 6 needs to be cropped on right and bottom to remove excess white
space. Arrows should go FROM the "Visible icons" label TO the icons.

Thanks for the feedback. Will start working on it.

Jaimon

Hi Jean,

I have updated the images in this document according to you feedback.

Jaimon

Hi :slight_smile:
Good work!

We might have new person joining to help the team with documentation on Base.
I'm not sure which OS he uses but could you help him (and the person that joined
last week) to sort out themes and where to find the team's starter guide and
stuff? It might help David and Jean if we could get a list of new people that
need Alfresco logins on a weekly or monthly basis so that they can sort out a
few people in a batch process. I'm guessing you are too busy with other things
so don't worry if you can't.

Many thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Excellent! Thank you. I have now made a few trivial wording changes,
added one new illustration, and updated the publication date and
copyright dates. I've replaced the file in Alfresco and on the wiki.
I've also created and uploaded a PDF to the wiki.

(That takes care of my little list of things to change in that chapter,
except of course for the ones I forgot.)

--Jean