From: Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>
To: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Wed, 15 June, 2011 7:31:14
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Impress Guide status?

Is anyone actually reviewing/revising/editing the Impress Guide chapters
-- not just redoing screenshots? I've got lost in the emails while I was
away, so I'm not sure what the status is. Thanks!

Ooops! I pressed send before writing! Please delete my empty email!

I think 'we' got "carried away" with doing screen-shots and forgot about
editing. Song Chuan's team, including Jaimon i think, might have done more but
i am not sure. Jaimon might have more knowledge about the state-of-play there.

Hi Jean,

I'm currently working on the Impress Guide chapter for screenshot as well as following the instructions to check if there's any mistake. However, I got no experience in technical writing. Someone might need to do the reviewing.

Regards
Song Chuan

Hi :slight_smile:
I think reviewing is the next step after you have completed the work you are
doing. Jean tends to be skilled enough and experienced enough to do several
things at the same time. Don't worry that you haven't reached that level yet.
You are doing great stuff :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Yes. I have done my certification in technical writing, and right now, I am working as an editor/proof reader. I can help there but what about my current screenshot job for Getting Started guide?

Regards,
Jaimon

Jaimon,
My opinion: Please do whichever job you prefer. Both are important and
of fairly high priority.

--Jean