[steering-discuss] Distributing the book "Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3"

Hi :slight_smile:

You might prefer this page
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
The same guides are available free and under a copy-left agreement allowing you
to print multiple copies. It's even possible that you might be able to charge a
reasonable fee to cover costs and wear&tear on hardware, distribution, and so
on, even a reasonable profit on top especially if a reasonable percentage share
of that profit is paid to The Document Foundation.

At the moment some of those guides are not fully updated. I'm reasonably sure
the Writer and Calc guides are done for this edition. I think the "Introducing
LibreOffice" guides has got some new updates going through in the next few
days. Similarly with the Impress guides. Base is likely to take a long time.
I think work on Math and Draw are about to start (hopefully).

If you sign-up to the Documentation Team's mailing list and ask them you might
get a better answer to all of these things. They are quite friendly.

The Documentation Team are likely to appreciate it more if you are able to get
involved with writing/updating the English (US) guides and/or get involved with
translating them into 'local' languages that are likely to be understood in
schools/colleges in your area. In one country a few university or college
students joined the volunteers as part of a 'school' project.