New Project

Hello.

As I said, my name is Klaibson and living and Brazil.

Well, written an e-book on LibreOffice, but your language is Portuguese. The
e-book is Creative Commons.

Anyone is interested?

Hi Klaibson,

Hello.

As I said, my name is Klaibson and living and Brazil.

Well, written an e-book on LibreOffice, but your language is Portuguese. The
e-book is Creative Commons.

Anyone is interested?

Yes, indeed, we're interested. Could you maybe mail a copy of it to
me? I'll add it to our documentation repository and consider the
possibility of translating it into English.

In any case, thank you for making contact and I hope to be reading you soon. :slight_smile:

Sorry about the delayed reply, it's been a busy day.

Hi Klaibson,

Hello.

As I said, my name is Klaibson and living and Brazil.

Well, written an e-book on LibreOffice, but your language is Portuguese. The
e-book is Creative Commons.

Anyone is interested?

Yes, indeed, we're interested. Could you maybe mail a copy of it to
me? I'll add it to our documentation repository and consider the
possibility of translating it into English.

In any case, thank you for making contact and I hope to be reading you soon. :slight_smile:

Sorry about the delayed reply, it's been a busy day.

Hi David.

I'm happy by someone interest in translate the ebook.

Your title in portuguese is "LibreOffice Para Leigos", an translate
LibreOffice To Lay.

The ebook can download in the blog http://bitw.in/ENd and two versions, to
.PDF and .ODT.

Good week.

Hi,

@Renata: thanks for the info.

@Klaibson: OK, I downloaded the book. It *somewhat* resembles the
installation guide and Getting Started guide rolled into one, so maybe
it would be a duplication of effort to translate it into English. But
it's a very useful tool for Brazilian users.

Great job, and thanks for doing that for the Brazilian / Portuguese
community. :slight_smile:

Hi.

Renata, could translate the e-book, no problems and thanks for link.

David: Could translate the ebook others languages as: german, italian,
french, spanish, russian, etc.

Good week.

David,

Beyond the Klaibson's ebook, we have another book about completion of course
work formatting (like monographys). I think can be a good idea translate it
to English, if don't exists another similary. It is Creative Commons as
well.
We are now putting all ebooks and tutorials of users community in this page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/FromCommunity/pt-br
(The previous page is been changed).

Klaibson,
Sou tao brasileira quanto você. O livro em Português me será muito útil. :wink:

Regards,

Renata Marques

I think the monography book is too expecific to Brasil to be of any use in
another language.

Klaibson's book has to be compared with the Getting Started Series.

Rogerio
(also brasilian)

Hi.

Only an idea translate the ebook "LibreOffice Para Leigos".

Thank you for responded my speak.

Good weekend.

Could you be specific about which book you are referring to:
* Apostila do Curso Básico de LibreOffice;
* Faça seu TCC usando o BrOffice Writer;

Both of them are CC-BY-SA 3.0 BR

In reading through them, I didn't think either of them were "too
specific to Brazil" to be useful for those outside of Brazil.

jonathon
- --
If Bing copied Google, there wouldn't be anything new worth requesting.

If Bing did not copy Google, there wouldn't be anything relevant worth
requesting.

                              DaveJakeman 20110207 Groklaw.

Hi,

I'm sorry. I forgot to say which is the book.
I'm talking about the "Faça seu TCC usando o BrOffice Writer" (Make your
completion of course work using BrOffice Writer).

I don't think it is specific to Brazil rules. The book learn how we can
format a work. The measures can be customized by each one.

Renata Marques

completion of course work using BrOffice Writer).

When I read it, I instantly thought "cheat sheet".

IMNSHO, the only addition it needs, is how to do spell checking, and it
would be perfect for the LibreOffice NA DVD. (Maybe the measurements
would have to be converted to inches, to satisfy people in the united
states.)

jonathon
- --
If Bing copied Google, there wouldn't be anything new worth requesting.

If Bing did not copy Google, there wouldn't be anything relevant worth
requesting.

                              DaveJakeman 20110207 Groklaw.

Hi.

Which e-book translate? http://bitw.in/ENd