PING David Nelson: Alfresco workflows

While I'm on the subject of Alfresco, we really need to have the workflows reestablished, so the necessary links are available to move (promote or demote) files from one space to another. Jeremy wrote a very good description in his bootcamp document, but unfortunately the actual process doesn't work anymore. So the Using Alfresco doc that I wrote (based on Jeremy's doc) describes the current situation, not the one I think we really want. Or there may be a better way that I'm unaware of.

This is another thing that I've not had time to work out how to set up, so I've been leaving it to you or another Alfresco enthusiast to do.

Jean

Hi Jean,

While I'm on the subject of Alfresco, we really need to have the workflows reestablished, so the necessary links are available to move (promote or demote) files from one space to another. Jeremy wrote a very good description in his bootcamp document, but unfortunately the actual process doesn't work anymore. So the Using Alfresco doc that I wrote (based on Jeremy's doc) describes the current situation, not the one I think we really want. Or there may be a better way that I'm unaware of.

This is another thing that I've not had time to work out how to set up, so I've been leaving it to you or another Alfresco enthusiast to do.

Jean

As mentioned in a past thread, I have been in contact with the
Alfresco project - notably the Chief Community Officer, Jeff Potts,
and received an answer from him shortly after my re-location. I have
now sent him a detailed reply - belatedly, because of an immense
personal and professional to-do list after the move - in which I CC'ed
Jeremy and Samphan (active contributors to the development of the
LibreOffice Alfresco) and certain members of the LibO dev team and SC.

The idea is to get help with the development of workflows for the docs
team, and - hopefully - bring back life to the currently-dormant OOo
Alfresco plugin [1], which could be very valuable as a collaboration
tool if we can get it to an operational state with recent versions of
LibreOffice.

So I'll be reporting back to the team on this as soon as I have news
to tell, and hope to bring the conversation to the list as soon as
possible.

[1] http://forge.alfresco.com/projects/ooo-plugin/

Davis, Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Jean

Heh, that previous note from me should have said David, not Davis. The perils of typing in the dark.

Jean