Impress Guide (Chapter 1)

Hi

Noted Tom.. I'm using Fedora.. shouldn't be a problem (=

Sufyan

Downloading Ubuntu now.  Will start right away..

Hey Jaimon,

Sufyan are doing the screenshot down. You might want to sort it out with him? If not, you two will be doing double work??

Regards
Song Chuan

Hi :slight_smile:
If you are thinking of installing Ubuntu then there are a number of ways of
doing it that keep your system as it is. You do NOT need to wipe your current
OS.

1. On a Virtual Machine such as VirtualBox, inside your OS
2. Run Ubuntu as a boot-cd, linux user would say "Live Cd". Ubuntu 10.04 and
onwards tend to be a bit awkward but it might be worth a try.

3. Install Ubuntu as a dual-boot alongside your current OS

I can help you with 3 (or 1 or 2). For 1 it would help to know which OS you
mostly use.

However, if you are only doing this for the screen-shots then it might be a
better idea to leave the screen-shots to someone else and just let people know
which shots need to be replaced. There are already a few people doing it that
way. I think even people that do the screenshots and the rest tend to do the
screenshots in a separate session, perhaps getting a batch of 2 or 3 screenshots
(perhaps more) and then doing more editing. The work-flow seems better that way
i think?