English Documentation Work

Hi there,

I am doing a school project on open-source for 3 weeks. I am new users to
Libreoffice but i really would like to contribute on English documentation
work. Therefore I would like to request an Alfresco account. Looking forward
to your reply. Thanks

Best Regards
Sufyan

Hi Sulfan, :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I am doing a school project on open-source for 3 weeks. I am new users to
Libreoffice but i really would like to contribute on English documentation
work. Therefore I would like to request an Alfresco account. Looking forward
to your reply. Thanks

Best Regards
Sufyan

I have created you an account on our Alfresco platform and have mailed
you the credentials.

Please write back to us here on the list and tell us more about what
you'd like to get involved in, and we will see about giving you some
guidance. :slight_smile:

David Nelson

Hi David,

Thanks for the account. When you say the list, does it mean replying back to
you?

I would like to focus on Libre Writer documentation. Any clue where to
start? (=

Sufyan

Hi Sufyan, :slight_smile:

Hi David,

Thanks for the account. When you say the list, does it mean replying back to
you?

I would like to focus on Libre Writer documentation. Any clue where to
start? (=

Sufyan

When I say the list, I mean the LibreOffice documentation mailing list
to which you guys originally posted your request.

It's the best place to ask about where to jump in, because you'll get
feedback from other team members there, too. If you read the day's
mailing list posts, you'll see I replied to you and Song Chuan
already.

If no-one else in the team has better ideas to put forward then I will
sort you out a task that you could take on though... Let's see who
answers over the next few hours...

David Nelson

Looks like there isn't any feedback from other team members.

Regards
Song Chuan

Hi David,

I hope you can assign one for me.

Regards
Song Chuan

Hi Song Chuan, :slight_smile:

Hi David,

I hope you can assign one for me.

OK, I'll check the status of all the guides tomorrow morning my time
(in 15 hours) and then I'll advise you exactly what you and Sufyan
could work on.

David Nelson

Thank you David!

Hi Song Chuan and Sufyan,

If you would still like me to suggest possible tasks for you, I would
deviate you from the work on the Impress guide and point you at the
Writer guide, where there is a similar problem with screenshots taken
under Windows. Jean Weber just recently made this comment: "The
Getting Started guide desperately needs to have a great many pix
replaced. Many are from Windows (done by Ron [Faile] before the
decision to not use [screenshots from] Windows), and many more still
say OOo on them. Some similar problems remain in the Writer Guide. If
anyone particularly wants to do screenshots, those books would greatly
benefit."

I have suggested to Jaimon the work on the Getting Started guide, so -
if you feel able - perhaps you would like to take on the same task for
the Writer guide?

Basically, this job would involve going through each chapter of the
Writer guide and replacing the screenshots in accordance with the LibO
Style Guide at http://alfresco.libreoffice.org, under Company Home >
(en) English [English] Content > Resources, but using screenshots
taken under Ubuntu/Fedora Linux.

If you guys still have time to contribute work, the above would be
most gratefully appreciated...

@Song Chuan: sorry I missed you on Skype on Saturday (I was
temporarily away from my keyboard), but I have added you and will be
happy to answer any questions...

We would gladly help. Maybe Song Chuan can focus on Impress while i will do
the screenshots for Writer.. Either way is fine with me after I've confirmed
it with Song Chuan.

Sufyan

Hi Sufyan,

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 17:30, Muhammad Sufyan Zainalabidin
<sufyan.zab@gmail.com> >> Hi David,

We would gladly help. Maybe Song Chuan can focus on Impress while i will do
the screenshots for Writer.. Either way is fine with me after I've confirmed
it with Song Chuan.

Sufyan

OK, cool, thanks. :slight_smile:

BTW, since you have done work on the files, please don't be shy to add
your names to the credits at the beginning of the document...

Hi,

I'm okay with the arrangement. I will now focus on Impress guide. I'm currently using Ubuntu 10.10 and Radiance theme for the screenshot.

I'm currently facing problem in Alfresco. I've checkin Chp 3 of Impress Guide (Working Copy) however it is locked by me. I've tried to undo checkout and checkin again. It doesn't made any differences.

Best Regards
Song Chuan

Hi David,
You wont believe this, but I am struggling with installing Ubuntu for 2 days. My backlight wont turn on after I install Ubuntu. I reinstalled Windows again. Sorry for not responding all this time. :frowning:
Regards,Jaimon Jacob

Hi Jaimon

I'm using Ubuntu too. I also can't adjust the brightness using keyboard shortcut. The only way I know is to install Power Management at Ubuntu Software Center to adjust the brightness manually. Hope it helps!

Best Regards
Song Chuan

Hi Song,
Thanks for your help, will try that.
Regards,Jaimon Jacob

Hi Jaimon,

Hi David,
You wont believe this, but I am struggling with installing Ubuntu for 2 days. My backlight wont turn on after I install Ubuntu. I reinstalled Windows again. Sorry for not responding all this time. :frowning:
Regards,Jaimon Jacob

So sorry you're having problems with your Ubuntu... at the present
time, i'm finding that 10.10 is still more stable than 11.04... if
you're trying to install 11.04 then i would recommend the
older-but-seemingly-more-stable 10.10...

If you're having trouble with your sound driver, Song Chuan, the same
solution may help you...

HTH.

Ouch!!

Feel free to ask help in here. We might be able to point you to proper
documentation in other projects or perhaps even have some ideas. Personally i'm
sticking with 10.04 where i can because it's LTS so fixes get back-ported to
it. Installing LibreOffice needs the ppa repo. I have taken a couple of
machines up to 10.10 and again it needs the ppa. The 11.04 just isn't working
for me just yet.

Do you know if you have an intel, Ati or nVidia graphics? Do you know which
drivers you are using? I think there are some handy command-line ways of
looking up what you have.

--
David Nelson

deleted