From: Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>
To: LibreOffice Documentation <documentation@libreoffice.org>
Sent: Sun, 29 May, 2011 21:56:06
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Blog post on how to export macros

On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 18:37 -0400, John Shabanowitz wrote:

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>wrote:

> --------------------
> Where are macros stored?
>
> LibreOffice stores user-specific data in a directory under the user’s
> home directory. The location is operating system specific. Use Tools →
> Options → LibreOffice → Paths to view where other configuration data is
> stored. On Windows XP, this is C:\Documents and Settings
> \<name>\Application Data. User macros are stored in LibreOffice\3\user
> \basic. Each library is stored in its own directory off the basic
> directory.
>
> It is not important to understand where macros are stored for casual
> use. If you know where they are stored, however, you can create a
> backup, share your macros, or inspect them if there is an error.
>
> Use Tools → Macros → Organize Dialogs to open the LibreOffice Macro
> Organizer dialog. Another common way to open this dialog is to use Tools
> → Macros → Organize Macros → LibreOffice Basic to open the LibreOffice
> Macros dialog and then click the Organizer button.
>
> -----------------
>
> The chapter talks about importing macros, but not about exporting them.
> However, when you open the LibreOffice Macro Organizer dialog, go to the
> Libraries page, and select any library other than Standard, you'll see
> both the location of that file and an Export button. Click Export and a
> little dialog pops up, giving you the choice to Export as BASIC library,
> which you can then move to another machine and import. You can also
> simply copy the directory from one machine to the other.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --Jean
> Jean Hollis Weber
> LibreOffice Documentation Team
>
> This is the type of tip I was thinking of when I suggested a tips and
> tricks by multiple authors for the documentation blog. Excellent!

Hi John,
Do you intend to make a blog post out of this, or should I do so?

Is there an Extension or something that allows people to edit the blog directly
in Writer? or are people writing it & then using copy&paste into the blog?

There is a Sun Weblog Publisher extension, but it is not on the LibO
extensions list.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/swp

I have never tried it. Someone said they'd never been able to get it to
work with a Wordpress blog, although it worked with Blogger and maybe
others.

I personally prefer to write in a text editor (not in LibO Writer) and
paste the result into the Wordpress blog. I don't know what other people
do.

--Jean

________________________________
Is there an Extension or something that allows people to edit the blog directly

in Writer? or are people writing it & then using copy&paste into the blog?

There is a Sun Weblog Publisher extension, but it is not on the LibO
extensions list.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/swp

I have never tried it. Someone said they'd never been able to get it to
work with a Wordpress blog, although it worked with Blogger and maybe
others.

I personally prefer to write in a text editor (not in LibO Writer) and
paste the result into the Wordpress blog. I don't know what other people
do.

Thanks Jean :slight_smile: I was trying to get to an answer for a question asked in the
users list again. I guess you saw the question too.
Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

I have unsubscribed from all the LibO lists except this one for a few
weeks, as I am leaving in around 48 hours for a trip into the outback of
South Australia, mostly without internet access.

--Jean

________________________________
On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 22:05 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :slight_smile:
> Is there an Extension or something that allows people to edit the blog
directly

> in Writer? or are people writing it & then using copy&paste into the blog?
> Regards from
> Tom :slight_smile:

There is a Sun Weblog Publisher extension, but it is not on the LibO
extensions list.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/swp

I have never tried it. Someone said they'd never been able to get it to
work with a Wordpress blog, although it worked with Blogger and maybe
others.

I personally prefer to write in a text editor (not in LibO Writer) and
paste the result into the Wordpress blog. I don't know what other people
do.

Thanks Jean :slight_smile: I was trying to get to an answer for a question asked in the
users list again. I guess you saw the question too.
Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

I have unsubscribed from all the LibO lists except this one for a few
weeks, as I am leaving in around 48 hours for a trip into the outback of
South Australia, mostly without internet access.

Jean

Blimey, good luck and have fun! Take care and plenty of water!