Intro: Shawn Beasley

Dear Documentation Team,

I would love to help out any way I can, but I need some direction :wink: I was thinking about contributing some user videos to go along with the documentation. Learning by reading, doing, and seeing is my philosophy. Anyway, if anyone is there that can discuss this with me, I would be more than pleased.

Although some videos are rougher than others, please look at my channel for an example. http://www.youtube.com/user/diginin1974 I do three types of videos:

60 Second videos for short, and sometimes, important tips and tricks
3-5 Minute instructional videos
7-10 Minute promotional videos

The concept is simple, I would work with your (as a community service, of course) team to compose a CI wrapper that would always be the same. We would choose the topics, and get to work. I found youtube to be a great place for this, and would love to open an official channel for this puropse. Currently there are 1,130 results referencing LibreOffice. Very respectable. Gotta love your community :slight_smile: Let me know if anyone is interested in working on this with me.

Love to hear from you,

Shawn Beasley a.k.a Dig"IT"al_Ninja/diginin

Shawn,

I'm sure many others will agree with me when I say we would very much
like to have user videos about LibO, to go along with the written
documentation. I would like to be involved, but unfortunately I don't
have the time to do more than comment on proposals, if that. I hope some
of the other team members have the time and interest to work with you.
We can also advertise on some of the other lists, where we might find
some more people who are keen on videos but have not joined the Docs
team.

--Jean

Jean,

Thanks for the reply.

[...]

Just keep me in mind. In the mean time I will look at the documentation and see if I can pick some subject matter out myself. We can then review this on the list to discuss how things are working out for everyone, and get opinions about things to do better :slight_smile: When we have a small team, then we can work on the branding. Until then.....

///shawn