Alfresco administration

Hi, :slight_smile:

I'm properly back in the game after an international move, and now
have proper Internet access again after multiple glitches and
hold-ups. I'll be going through the large backlog of threads, and am
dealing with various off-list inquiries.

I'm currently pretty taken up with client work, so my contrib to the
docs team for the next few weeks is going to be limited to being key
goalkeeper for our Alfresco platform. Feel free to hit me with all
your questions and queries.

I have been in touch with the Alfresco project and have had mail back
from Jeff Potts, Alfresco's Chief Community Officer, so I'll be
following-up on this and hope to quickly get our Alfresco platform
better configured and personalized for the LibreOffice project's
needs. I'll be posting back about this in due course.

David Nelson

David,

I've been toying with a report. It will show a weekly update of our
books, list contributors by volume of commits, and remind documenters
of 'hot-projects'.

In my mind it involves daily log-ons to Alfresco, copy
and pasting of another report into a Calc sheet, and weekly tallies of
the product of those labors for a finished weekly report.

I'm wondering if this sort of thing is a flip-of-the-wrist for Jeff
Potts in a native Alfresco report?

-- jdc

Hi Jeremy, :slight_smile:

David,

I've been toying with a report. It will show a weekly update of our
books, list contributors by volume of commits, and remind documenters
of 'hot-projects'.

In my mind it involves daily log-ons to Alfresco, copy
and pasting of another report into a Calc sheet, and weekly tallies of
the product of those labors for a finished weekly report.

I'm wondering if this sort of thing is a flip-of-the-wrist for Jeff
Potts in a native Alfresco report?

I've read some of his book for Alfresco developers and I think he
would be able to automate the task optimally. I have to write back to
him this weekend, after a protracted and major house move, and I'll
copy you and Samphan in on that until we get to the stage where we
take it to the list. Let's see where this goes, and then figure out
what to do next? Does that sound OK to you?

David Nelson

BTW, he has some ideas he mentioned wanting to talk to the LibO devs
about, and I'm hoping that some work could maybe get done on the
Alfresco plug-in for LibO, which is a dormant project that was
parallel to the MSO plug-in project... If all went well, we might see
some really useful new functionality developed for the LibreOffice
distrib... Let's keep our fingers crossed...

David Nelson

Sounds perfect. I'll cool my heals and wait to hear from you. Thank
you. And congrats on the move.

-- jdc