Draft chapter "Joining the LibO Docs Team" available for comment

I've uploaded to Alfresco (English > Resources) an early, rough draft of
what's intended to be the first chapter in our Contributors' Guide.
Please feel free to comment or improve upon it in any way you wish:
discuss on this list, or download a copy and modify it. Filename is
intro-libo-docs-team.odt.

The chapters I have planned for this book are as follows. Suggestions
for other topics, and volunteers to write Chapter 4 and 7, are welcome.
I can hurl together a first draft of Chapter 5 from pre-existing
material, and Chapter 6 is essentially what's in the user guide chapter
template.

1) Joining the Documentation Team (this chapter)
2) Producing LibreOffice User Guides (draft available in Resources)
3) Using Alfresco (being updated from Jeremy's "bootcamp" doc)
4) Blogging and social media
5) Style guide for writers (including preferred terminology)
6) Using the documentation templates (includes list of paragraph and
character styles and when to use them, plus other info currently part of
the user guide chapter template itself)
7) Producing other documentation (tutorials, howtos, administrators’
guide, etc.)

--Jean

I really needed this! Thanks for putting it up. :slight_smile:

~Elliot

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

I'm properly back in the game after a major house move. I'm
bookmarking this message to take a look in the near future. Thanks for
your work on this.

David Nelson

Welcome back, David! Of even more interest and relevance to you is the
chapter on using Alfresco.

--Jean