More on documentation blog

We seem to be on a roll, here. That's good to see!

More thoughts, after discussions with people on the Website list as well
as here:

* Host the blog on wordpress.com (which is where The Document
Foundation's blog is located).

* Use the same theme as TDF's blog uses. This reinforces the brand as
well as being easy to set up (no need for any graphics or much if any
customisation). The theme can be changed at any time if we want to.

* Use the URL libo-docs.wordpress.com and the title LibreOffice
Documentation Team blog. Title can be changed at any time.

* Set up 2 or 3 people as admins, so there's no drama if 1 or 2 of us
are unavailable. Admins can make any necessary changes, but in
particular they can set up other people to have Author or Editor access.

* As well as announcements, include tips, either short articles or
pointers to longer articles or articles on other blogs.

Should I go ahead and set up a blog, or does someone else (who is also
familiar with Wordpress) want to do that? Who, besides me, should be
admins? David? Jeremy? others?

--Jean

John

Check your mail. :wink:
I'm setting up the site now.

--Jean

Our blog is here:
http://libodocs.wordpress.com/

It's a bit quick-and-dirty, but one of the great things about Wordpress
blogs is they can be rethemed and otherwise tweaked as often as we wish.
(Some of the tweaks require purchase of "Custom CSS Upgrade" for an
annual fee.)

The important thing, of course, is content. I'm glad to see that people
are already interested in contributing articles.

If you want Contributor, Editor, or Admin access to our blog, please let
me know. You'll need to have a Wordpress.com account (a username) before
I can authorise your access.

Let's have fun, publish, and help the user community!

Cheers, Jean

Jean

Our blog is here:
http://libodocs.wordpress.com/

It's a bit quick-and-dirty, but one of the great things about Wordpress
blogs is they can be rethemed and otherwise tweaked as often as we wish.
(Some of the tweaks require purchase of "Custom CSS Upgrade" for an
annual fee.)

The important thing, of course, is content. I'm glad to see that people
are already interested in contributing articles.

If you want Contributor, Editor, or Admin access to our blog, please let
me know. You'll need to have a Wordpress.com account (a username) before
I can authorise your access.

Let's have fun, publish, and help the user community!

Cheers, Jean

I have just opened a Wordpress account (jslozier). I probably will need
editor access. I will get something on templates this week.

We have a magazine in Brasil with tips and tutorials and we were in the
process of translating some of the articles to English, will see about
getting the authors / translators involved in posting in your blog soon :slight_smile:

Rogerio

Oh, excellent! Thank you.

--Jean

Rogerio

We have a magazine in Brasil with tips and tutorials and we were in the
process of translating some of the articles to English, will see about
getting the authors / translators involved in posting in your blog soon :slight_smile:

Rogerio

> Jean
>

> > Our blog is here:
> > http://libodocs.wordpress.com/
> >
> > It's a bit quick-and-dirty, but one of the great things about Wordpress
> > blogs is they can be rethemed and otherwise tweaked as often as we wish.
> > (Some of the tweaks require purchase of "Custom CSS Upgrade" for an
> > annual fee.)
> >
> > The important thing, of course, is content. I'm glad to see that people
> > are already interested in contributing articles.
> >
> > If you want Contributor, Editor, or Admin access to our blog, please let
> > me know. You'll need to have a Wordpress.com account (a username) before
> > I can authorise your access.
> >
> > Let's have fun, publish, and help the user community!
> >
> > Cheers, Jean
> >

> I have just opened a Wordpress account (jslozier). I probably will need
> editor access. I will get something on templates this week.
> --
> Jay Lozier
> Jslozier@gmail.com
>
> --
> deleted

Do you have a list of topics are covered by your material?

Hi Jean, guys, :slight_smile:

[...]

I'd be interested in posting on the blog about the Alfresco platform.
Could you maybe give me an appropriately empowered account please?

David Nelson

Done. I've given you "Editor" access, so you can amend others' posts as
well as post your own.

--Jean

Thanks, Jean.

David Nelson

The link for the magazines in portuguese:
http://www.libreoffice.org.br/revista

If not in portuguese I will have to have some days to get these to you

Rogerio