Cover designs for printed copies of LibreOffice user guides

When I published the printed version of "Getting Started with
LibreOffice" in great haste last year, I put together a cover design
based on the TDF logo.[1] That same design was used for the more
recently-published printed version of the Writer Guide.

Today someone wrote to the Documentation list to say how awful the cover
looks, particularly because of the black border. I agree. I'm not a
graphic designer, and I didn't have the time to consult anyone else...
but the time has now come to do so.

One idea I've had (and others expressed a similar idea) was to use the
colour of the component's icon for the cover border colour. I think that
would be an improvement, but a more attractive overall design would be
an even greater improvement. Other ideas are being expressed on the Docs
list.

So I turn to the Marketing team, and in particular the Art Team, for
guidance and, I hope, a book cover design. I know that this will take
some time, so the next book (Calc Guide) will use the original design,
but with perhaps a different colour than black for the border.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Jean
LibreOffice Documentation Team

[1]