Video Screen Shot Software

Hello all,

Years ago there was a program, part of the MS Office suite, called Microsoft
Recorder or similar. It allowed you to capture in video, your desktop, your
mouse clicks and results of keyboard actions in the Office programs. Is
there some open source program that does the same thing?
*John Shabanowitz
http://libodocs.wordpress.com
We're recruiting, come join us.*

I'm sure I've heard of one or more, but I don't recall the names. I
think we had a discussion about this on the OOo team a year or so ago.

--Jean

Found it. http://camstudio.org/

--Jean

Recordmydesktop for Linux distros. I don't know if there is a windows version too.
I'm sure there is also another program, but I don't remember it's name.
Namastè! :slight_smile:

A closer look suggests it's a Windows program. (It's an exe.)

Thanks to cico for info on RecordMyDesktop for Linux. That name sounds
familiar too. Ah, yes, there it is in the Ubuntu repositories.

--Jean