Your Alfresco account

Hi Jean
Now that I have an account and can log in where do I go from here?
thanks
Tempe

Tempe Macgowan <tempem@bigpond.com> wrote,

Hi Jean
Now that I have an account and can log in where do I go from here?
thanks
Tempe

Hi Tempe,
I had forwarded your note to the list in the hope that someone else
could help you before I found time to do so. I'm often not available or
too busy to answer questions quickly.

The most helpful thing you can do, I think, is to work on rebranding the
Impress Guide chapters.

This page has some info at the bottom summarising what needs to be done.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development

It also has links to a slightly more detailed "How to rebrand..."
document. You'll also need to refer to "Producing LibreOffice User
Guides" (also linked from that wiki page), which should include details
like where to get the template and how to apply it.

Jeremy (and others) should be able to answer questions about using
Alfresco itself. Essentially all you need to do in Alfresco for
rebranding is check out a chapter from the Impress Guide > Drafts space,
download it (as part of the checkout process), do the work, then check
it back in (uploading your changed copy as part of the checkin process)
and leave it in Drafts.

As part of the rebranding process, you can (if you wish) check the
contents against the program and update the chapter as necessary,
including redoing screenshots if necessary (be sure to read the
instructions in "Producing LibreOffice User Guides" about
screenshots)... or you can leave that work to a later step, or you can
leave comments in the file about things that need to be done (for
example, mark any screenshot that shows "OpenOffice.org" in it.

Have fun!

--Jean

hi Jean
Thanks - I'll follow this up in the next couple of days.
Tempe

Hi
I've tried to find the template Lib)#_3_chapter_template.ott on ALfresco. It's not under English content>Documentation>Resources like it says in the guide?
thanks
Tempe

That would be my fault. It (the Resources space) was moved to English
Content/Resources. Try this link for the template.

http://alfresco.libreoffice.org/alfresco/n/showDocDetails/workspace/SpacesStore/46cdf68e-61fd-4914-9931-f4c1a1a538cb

-- jdc

Great thanks Jeremy
Tempe

On Thu, 12 May 2011 06:40:36 +1000 Tempe Macgowan <tempem@bigpond.com> wrote:

It's not under English content>Documentation>Resources like
>> it says in the guide? thanks Tempe
>
> That would be my fault. It (the Resources space) was moved to
> English Content/Resources.

*,

I've updated the guide to reflect the change in the space structure.

-- jdc