Are there icons and banners to use on the documentation blog?

I was going through the settings on Wordpress.com and saw the settings to
upload graphics to use as IPad app icons. Wordpress will use those icons for
IPad users to display the blog webpage. Wordpress will allow an iPad user to
have a link to the site on their desktop like an app. LibreOffice does not
work on iOS yet, but it does work on OSX. I can resize any graphics that
have been approved, to fit the requirements of wordpress. Are there graphics
we can use?

Here's a place to start:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

The stand-alone "Document Symbol" could be useful, if a bit unexciting.
It's a nice icon shape, at least.

Otherwise, asking on the Marketing list might either provide a better
answer or lead to a discussion that might result in more graphics. I
have't been following discussions there, so I'm very out of touch with
the latest info. Bernhard Dippold appears to be a particularly
knowledgeable person, but I'm sure there are others.

--Jean

Hi, :slight_smile:

I was going through the settings on Wordpress.com and saw the settings to
upload graphics to use as IPad app icons. Wordpress will use those icons for
IPad users to display the blog webpage. Wordpress will allow an iPad user to
have a link to the site on their desktop like an app. LibreOffice does not
work on iOS yet, but it does work on OSX. I can resize any graphics that
have been approved, to fit the requirements of wordpress. Are there graphics
we can use?

Apart from the Marketing/Branding page you mentioned, it would be a
good idea to post to the Design team's list, where - as Jean said -
Bernard and co can suggest and validate graphics, colors and other
aspects. HTH.

David Nelson

We're working on the libodocs.wordpress.com blog for the documentation team.
We're looking for graphics to use on the blog for iPad users. Can you help?

Hi John, all,

John Shabanowitz schrieb:

Hi, :slight_smile:

I was going through the settings on Wordpress.com and saw the
settings to upload graphics to use as IPad app icons. Wordpress
will use those icons for IPad users to display the blog
webpage. Wordpress will allow an iPad user to have a link to
the site on their desktop like an app. LibreOffice does not
work on iOS yet, but it does work on OSX. I can resize any
graphics that have been approved, to fit the requirements of
wordpress. Are there graphics we can use?

Apart from the Marketing/Branding page you mentioned, it would be
a good idea to post to the Design team's list, where - as Jean said
- Bernard and co can suggest and validate graphics, colors and
other aspects. HTH.

Thanks for pointing here, as we haven't been able to finish the work on our galleries containing graphical resources for internal and external visual representation of LibreOffice:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements

[...]

We're working on the libodocs.wordpress.com blog for the
documentation team. We're looking for graphics to use on the blog for
iPad users. Can you help?

If I understand you right, you need an icon to be used on iPad desktops as direct link to the documentation blog http://libodocs.wordpress.com/

Do you want to use a similar icon on the blog itself?

While on the blog it would be no problem to use the main application icon (like this one: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Libo-list-icon.png), for iPads the question is a bit different:

We need to avoid some misinterpretations:
1) The icon does not open LibreOffice locally on the iPad.
2) The icon does not link to the official LibreOffice homepage.
3) The icon does not link to the main LibreOffice blog.

So the icon needs to identify the link target as
- web based
- being a blog
- dedicated to the documentation team.

Adding some graphics inside the document symbol could interfere with the branding guidelines (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding), because the application icons is just a refined symbol from the logo.

For such a dedicated design it would be important to know the size of other icons on iPad, so we can include the possibility for more or less details our ideas and drafts.

Does anybody know about the size for standard iPad application icons?

Best regards

Bernhard

Bernhard et al,

Thanks for the reply. You bring up good points about being clear as to what
the icon does. It would appear that the icons would be available only from
the documentation blog. That should let the user know the icons link to the
documentation blog only.

The requirements are for two images, one a cover image and one that as
described, sounds like a splash screen. I quote from the wordpress.com iPad
OnSwype section of the settings for the documentation blog,