Request user account on Alfresco

Requesting account on Alfresco for contributions.

Your account has been set up and details emailed to you.

Glad to see you here, Martin! You might introduce yourself to those
people who don't already know you from the OOo list.

Martin has mainly been working on the Draw and Calc guides, so I'm
particularly happy to have him join us here.

--Jean

Thanks Jean.

By way of introduction, I am an Aussie living and working in Switzerland
with a small engineering consultant. I travel quite a bit for work (and
for pleasure) in Africa, Asia and Europe.

My interests are obviously OOo/LO, and we are an all Linux
household running an assortment of Mint/Ubuntu/OpenSuSE. At work I use
LibreOffice almost exclusively. Gets interesting when collaborating with
MSO users.....

I have set up a bunch of Linux servers in the office for web, email, ftp
etc., at present mostly running Ubuntu 10.04LTS.

As Jean/Hal (!) mentioned, I have been lurking on the OOs list for a
while. My current project is reviewing the Draw Guide for 3.3/3.4.

Other interests outside IT include Amateur Radio, Travel, Archaeology, Art
and dogs.

Hope I can sort out what to do here, guess someone will give me some clues
as to what use I can be.

Martin

So, another ham, eh? I got my first ham license from the FCC at age 14 in 1957. Then got the first-class radiophone commercial license while in high school and afterward worked a dozen years in radio and TV engineering--chief engineer at commercial radio stations, etc., starting while in college.

At one 10 KW AM daytimer, where I was its chief engineer back during the 1960s, I would use at night (after broadcast signoff in late afternoon) its two-tower array (at 1510 KHz) for a 160 or 75 meter phased array for ham use and would routinely contact other hams in South America (among other continents) on 75 meter SSB. Those vertical arrays worked FB (fine business) for ham use, where QSOs (contacts) past a distance of a few hundred miles was the normal maximum range otherwise.

73,
Gary

Thanks Gary for the heads up.
I was first lic. as VK7ZMF in 72, then VK7MM in 74 (I still hold this
call).
Was also VK2CMM, P29MJ, YB0AWB for various years in the 80s and 90s.
Worked heaps of stations in P29, on a hill top house in the highlands with
half wave dipoles! QSOs on 20, 15 and 10 were a dream.

Currently here in CH am HB9TQX, mainly interested in satellites. Use Linux
for monitoring and decoding etc.

So the "open source" philosophy has sort of come full circle.

73 from the middle of Switzerland
Martin

PS sorry to all the non radio amateurs for the unintelligible language
above - we predated all the computer types by about 100 years.... ;=)