Would like to help with the documentation

If you are still looking for people I would like to provide my help
documenting LibreOffice.

I have time to proof-read, take screenshots, and once familiar enough with
the way you do things, maybe help creating new documentation for LO,
possibly starting by helping the repurposing of OO docs. I understand that
is underway at the moment but apologies if I'm mistaken.

If you still need the help I would be happy to use SimonB or SimonBrydon as
a username on Alfresco.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon. We always need help! I hope someone can soon set up your
account on Alfresco. Yes, we're in the process on converting the OOo
user guides and help on that would be much appreciated.

Hal

Hal, Simon,

An account has been set up for Simon and awaits verification.

-- jdc

Thanks Hal & Jeremy, I can confirm my Alfresco account is working. Look
forward to contributing :slight_smile:

I can't find the toolbar to upload drafts so I'm assuming I don't have
permissions to do so.

I have downloaded the chapter template and preferred terminology document.
Should I go ahead and start rebranding a local copy of "Calc Guide > Draft
chapters > For rebranding > OOcalcguideappa.odt" then somehow send it to an
active member of the documentation team to be able to start uploading
drafts?

Sorry if I'm mistaken and missed something. A bit unsure how to proceed.

Indeed. It would appear that you have to be a member of User Group
ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS to add content to Alfresco. I have verified
this by removing myself from this group and noticing the add content
button is missing. As is my ability to fix the situation. Hah.

So to someone with the appropriate privledges, if you could add
Simon and myself to the ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATOR group I would be much
obliged. Thank you.

-- jdc

All the Calc chapters have been rebranded and had a first review. They
are in the Reviewed space under Calc. No one has had time or
opportunity to remove the files in the "for rebranding" space.

I don't think any of the Draw Guide chapters have been rebranded yet.
That would be a good place to start, but check first to see if any are
in the Drafts space yet; if so, they have been done.

I don't know what's the best way to proceed if you're unable to upload
files. I hope someone else can advise.

Jean

I've no doubt you are correct, but needing to be in the Admin group
sounds wrong to me, suggesting that there's something wrong in the way
the site is set up... Probably arising from the server problem we had
awhile ago.

I don't know whether I can do anything about it, and won't get a
chance to try any time soon. Hope someone else can.

Jean

Jeremy and Simon, I've added you both to that group. Hope that solves
Simon's problem.

Hal

Thanks Hal, that fixed it

Hi, :slight_smile:

There is indeed an amount of configuration work to be done on
Alfresco. I'll be posting back with progress on this soon.

In the meantime, everyone just post here with any questions or
problems, and I'll be there to deal with them.

David Nelson