Calc Guide status & question re angle brackets in paths

I am now turning my attention to the Calc Guide, which Barbara has rebranded
from the OOo version. I've started replacing images and checking for info
that is incorrect for LibO.

One question, regarding the path indicators (angle bracket > versus arrow):
the consensus awhile ago appeared to be that retaining the angle bracket was
preferable to changing it to an arrow, but that it wasn't worth the effort
at this point to revert the Writer Guide and Getting Started. However,
working now on a new book, I would like to retain the angle brackets. What
say the rest of you?

Hal

I'd say it's probably easier just to leave the arrows for the Calc Guide, and revisit this for the other docs or later upgrades to the documentation -- there's plenty of stuff to be done, like the style usage work, where this could be part of the whole process. Sound right?

While I am going through the chapters replacing screenshots, it takes less
than 2 minutes (while the chapter is being worked on anyway) to do a search
and replace to restore the angle brackets, so IMO "easier" isn't an issue in
this case. If the chapters did not need other work, then I'd agree with you.

Hal

Besides being arrows, they're also in OOoComputerCode style (Liberation Sans Mono), and they'd be better back in OOoMenuPath. That would take longer than the simple F&R, right? I'm not sure whether the angle bracket in mono would go well with the rest in straight Liberation Sans. Anyway, the three main books being consistent (Getting Started, Writer Guide, Calc Guide) may have some value, and the arrow work was already done. I think there are plans to do some serious style application work, and more real content development, once the first wave of books has gotten out, so that would be another opportunity.

The AltSearch extension might be of help here.

Thus, IMO, these Find and replace operations are non-issues.