The document (Producing OOo user guides) was finally reviewed and edited...

A project of mine uses some of the information contained within the OOoAuthors/ODFAuthors guides for producing user guides. A quick read of the four common guides for producing user guides demonstrated that they might not be up-to-date nor have ever been substantive- or copy-edited. So, I edited one of them over the past weekend. I consider it a rapidly done one-pass work-in-process, and none of the edit changes were accepted, so its edit tracking is available in its entirety.

Some exposition of what I am doing and how it relates to the ODFAuthors guides can be viewed on the forum site that I am employing to construct an OOo to Adobe FrameMaker/Acrobat Professional tutorial (http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51&p=36#p36). However, that is not necessary...

The edited ODT file itself can be downloaded here: http://technicaleditor.livernoisyard.com/files/Writer_guide/OOo_subdocument_files/OOo/producing-ooo-ugs_mod_1.odt. The edited document is expressed in ODT, DOC, and a couple of PDF files. The PDF files were enabled by Acrobat Professional for performing Commenting and Analysis with Adobe Reader, in case anybody would like to practice using that Adobe reviewing feature. A simple Reader application is all that is needed. I encourage my author clients to use that feature, in addition to others, for all our book-layout projects, as it saves us both time and effort for making a small number of edits and such.

In case anybody wants to comment or add to the ODT edit tracking for this document, knock yourself out--either via the authors list, the forum site, or both. However, if you were to submit an entire file instead of itemizing the edits, do so via an attachment on the forum site instead of through this authors list.

I also addressed LibreOffice for this message because of the strong likelihood that they might still be relying on OOoAuthors source material for the bulk of their own documentation.

Gary