Identification of documents across languages

if we adopt a system of version

numbering on each document's cover page, taken from version
information in the file meta data, we could perhaps do away with the
need to embed version information in the actual file naming.

I use a document ID number even in the letters I write for mailing! I see that right now only the Title field is being used. The suggested names for "custom properties" includes "Document Number", but I no longer see "Version" (or was it "Revision"?) on the list. Is that supported more directly somewhere else in the Properties? I see an automatic "Revision number" in General. But for distributed control, an auto-incremented-upon-saving revision number won't work.

Hi, :slight_smile:

So why don't we get some ideas going about how to do this... I'm off
for a think, posting back soon...

David Nelson