Identification of documents across languages

Hi,

I got a question on the Identification of documents across languages.

<example:>

in the future there will be a document Version 1 for Writer LibO in English
and a document Version 1 for Writer LibO in German also in French and
all other languages.
also a Document Version 2 for Writer LibO in English and so on

but also a document for an extension from the French community Version1
in French and when translated,
a document about that extension in English and all other Languages. This
also with other documents

But they don't have any connection between them.

If in a German document is written: "Dieses Kapitel basiert auf dem
"Chapter 1 of /Getting Started LibreOffice" welches auf dem "/Chapter 1
of /Getting Started LibreOffice with OpenOffice.org/." basiert."

No one can see which version Chapter 1 of Getting Started ... is meant.
(Version 1 or Version 2)

<end-example:>

For an end user this doesn't matter but for translations it should.

Therefore a system should be established where the original document
gets a unique number e.g. "LO1234567" appended by the corresponding LANG
(en, de, fr)

And translated documents get the same number with their corresponding LANG.

With this conjunction/connection/association this can be followed also
by a new member.

Are my thoughts traceable/comprehensibly?

Or is it absurd/counterproductive/meaningless/unimportant/non-relevant?

Karl-Heinz

Hi, :slight_smile:

This idea makes sense to me. Moreover, if we adopt a system of version
numbering on each document's cover page, taken from version
information in the file meta data, we could perhaps do away with the
need to embed version information in the actual file naming.

David Nelson