2011/2/5 Barbara Duprey <Barb@onr.com>

On 2/5/2011 9:49 AM, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:

Hi Sophie!

Le 05/02/2011 16:29, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

May be you can work with Alex, he said on the FR list that he is going
to improve the Base documentation once he has finished to translate the
Guide for beginners? However I don't know in which language he will work
:)

Yes, I've read Alex' announcement but, as I'm not so sure we are working
on the same things, didn't raise my hand (yet). I'm mainly focusing on
writing a beginners' guide from scratch and, from what I had understood,
Alex's translating an existing document (Mariano Casanova's mid level doc).

Just correct me if I'm wrong.

My beginners' guide idea was born from a few in-house requests that no-one
could fulfill. As I already stated, I've already a few pages written on this
and I'm working on a few more to come (see the outline in a former msg in
this thread).

Of course, sharing the free software ideas as you may know ;)  I'm willing
to cooperate into any collective work in this matter.

All the best,

I really like your outline, and I'd say your English is *more* than
adequate to get the points across. I'd be glad to edit for smoothing it out
if that's needed.

Exactly the same here ... go for it Jean ... if you are willing do please
try to write it in english, we can give it a uplift if  you can send our way
even a bad translation (because I will put your french version through a
Google-Translate if you don't have the time ... and take it from there)
besides you underestimate your english, it is quite good for tech writing.

Rogerio