On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 23:00 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
Hi Sigrid, all, :-)

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 22:51, Sigrid Carrera
<sigrid.carrera@googlemail.com> wrote:
What is an idea of Karl-Heinz alone?
If you don't want any translations into other languages just say so. I
think, we can manage to get documentation of our own.

Sigrid

PS: Yes, I am angry and upset. You just don't get it how this
community works. You've manged to discourage me from contributing to
the english documentation, although I might have been able to
contribute quite a bit. But I cannot accept it, that you hinder my
work for this community any longer.

If this is going to become an irrational discussion then I really
don't feel like taking part in it, Sigrid. I have no idea what you're
talking about. :-(

David Nelson

David,

I think that is a big part of the problem. The tone of some of your
earlier messages left a bad impression on many of us. The fact that you
say you have no idea what we're talking about further suggests that you
are unaware of the way some of your notes sound to many people. When I
snapped at you some time ago about nagging me to do something I didn't
want to do, you said you had no idea why I reacted that way.

You also earlier made the statement "Courtesy is the same in all
languages". This statement is demonstrably incorrect or at least ignores
the cultural aspect; any cultural anthropologist (and members of other
disciplines) can cite many, many counterexamples. I didn't say anything
at the time because it seemed a waste of energy to continue the
discussion.

I am sure you are just under stress and not writing as carefully as you
could to give the impression you intend, but really you need to make
more effort to be aware of the way others might (mis)interpret your
words. Otherwise you may drive away a lot of valuable people.