I've begun work on a new custom view , LO_master_summary.ftl, which
provides a birds eye view of all books a language team is working on:

                Calc    Draw    Writer  etc...
Drafts          18      9       4
Review          0       0       14
Proofing        0       0       0
Publish         0       0       0
Documenters     calc    draw    writer

It is:
1) Not complete - My goal is to have it hyperlinked and show the
documenters which are currently working in the listed spaces
2) Not elegant - The solution has been hard-coded with specific nodes.
As such, it is not scalable and not portable. A similar template can be
created for your team upon request.
3) Intended to be used as part of a more in-depth modification, as
found here http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/User_Configurable_Dashboards

However, as it stands it is useful to some degree. If you wish to
implement this custom view follow the directions in Boot Camp for
customizing a view, choosing instead LO_master_summary.ftl. Any
space will do, I've chosen a space in my home space to offer the view.

Samphan, David:

Scalable? Portable? Dashboard implementation? Thoughts?

-- jdc