Le 31/01/11 16:41, Sigrid Carrera a écrit :

Hi Sigrid,

Oh, when I said I want to proofread some documentation, I was told,
that whatever I correct, has to be proofread again by a native english
speaker. So clearly, my contribution there was not welcome.

Hmm, I wouldn't consider it like that, perhaps you are taking things too
personally. If I write documentation in French, or German (which I can,
I just don't do it very often), I would expect a native mother tongue
speaker to proofread and correct it as necessary. Obviously, if no one
volunteers up to do it, then well that's just tough and the document
would go "live" with all its faults and potentially awkward turns of
phrase. Even if I were to draft in English, I would at least expect
someone to go over it and check for spelling mistakes, dropped words,
"brain outages" and the like, just for the sake of completeness. I don't
find that hard to accept, if the final document reads well for the
intended audience.

Why I feel hindered? I can't get the documentation from the Alfresco
site. I don't have an account there and honestly, I don't want one.
Only the bits, that are transferred to the website. There's no
information here on the list, what's done, so I can't get a timely
translation ready. And then his comment, that the question from
Karl-Heinz was just one persons own wish and that he doesn't want to
work on improving the the communication between the two systems is
quite discouraging.

Ultimately, it would only take one person to have an account there to be
the go-between. On the other hand, why doesn't ODFAuthors have something
like you are suggesting for those working with Alfresco ? The effort
works both ways IMHO. Why should those who want to work with Alfresco
have to have an account with ODFAuthors ?

Ideally, both systems could either have liaison officers, or some form
of automatic notification system. I don't really see why the onus should
be on the Alfresco system to do so when ODFAuthors does not (as far as I
know, but please correct me if I'm wrong). Or, as I mentioned in my
other post, the native language projects could have their own wiki page
which would keep people abreast of who is doing what - this would
require the documentation authors to submit what they are doing to the
LibO wiki page native language coordinator or update it themselves. The
French N-L group already have such a page.

Alex

I think, that this shows, that he cares only for the english
documentation and not so much (I'm not saying nothing!) about the
international one. Only about the documentation teams, that are
willing to join him on Alfresco server, the other teams who don't want
to use it, can see for themselves, where to get the needed
information.

Sigrid