Hi, :-)

My 2 cents would be that comments inside documents are more
immediately accessible to workers, and are more "portable" to wherever
the document goes. But Alfresco's discussion capability is more
appropriate if it's not just a conclusive comment but is likely to
turn into a conversation.

We're going to have to look into the question of setting-up an RSS
feed from Alfresco (and maybe a status page akin to what you have with
Pootle), so that work information is easily accessible outside the
site or without logging in. I'll follow up on that this week.