Fixing screwy chapter

In my earlier attempts to get Chapter 14 into Drafts, I apparently ended up with the original rather than my changed version there. As I read BootCamp, I should go to the Review folder, bring up Details for that chapter, and use Check Out (I have the edited copy on my own computer and don't want to download). Then, from the (Working Copy) in Review, Upload, then Check In, to get the edited version into Review as the active version for reviewers. Will I be able to fix the version number while I'm at it? Anyway, is this the correct process?

I can do something similar to edit the first couple of chapters for consistency with the later process, but maybe I should just leave them alone so somebody else can deal with them as desired.

I believe that would be check in, then use the find document dialog in
that process to upload the new version.

Re: version numbers, those are controlled by the machine - with very
few opportunities for us to intervene. As with all technology, it can
be done. I believe in this instance it would require one to be as
comfortable juggling java objects as a clown in a Ringling
Brothers/Barnum & Bailey extravaganza is juggling halibut.

-- jdc

Love the analogy! OK, guess we'll just have to live with the messed-up version numbers. I'll do this when I can log in, right now it's just "Connected to..." forever.

Then, from the (Working Copy) in Review, Upload, then Check In, to
get the edited

I believe that would be check in, then use the find document dialog in
that process to upload the new version.

Re: version numbers, those are controlled by the machine - with very
few opportunities for us to intervene. As with all technology, it can
be done. I believe in this instance it would require one to be as
comfortable juggling java objects as a clown in a Ringling
Brothers/Barnum& Bailey extravaganza is juggling halibut.

-- jdc

OK, my version is there now -- but it's only available through version history, the original version is still the one that appears directly in the folder. None of the actions seem to fit, since it isn't ready to be promoted. Will my version be the one the reviewer sees?

Are we speaking of 0214WG3-WorkingWithFields.odt, located in
Writer/working/Review? If so, I see the current version is 1.3, and has
'Correcting workflow error; edited offline, this is unreviewed copy' in
the version notes. It that sounds like your doc, then you did it
perfectly.

-- jdc

Hooray! That's it.