Apple are a form of Bsd, which is unix-based, and so a lot of the UI is very
similar to stuff we have in gnu&linux and often originated in gnu&linux.  So it
might be a bit more difficult to make a fuss.  Their licensing agreements are a
bit less draconian too.

Also Apple are keen for people to write apps for their app-store and really keen
to promote that.  Whereas Windows just make speeches but then contradict
themselves with their EULAs and licensing agreements.  Well, thats the way it
seems to me at the moment anyway.