As I've worked on chapters, I've used a number of comments. The first is essentially my own checklist of things to do/done, which is also info for the reviewer to see if the right bases have been covered, but there are others relating to the need to replace figures, or questioning the best way to handle something. Would the comments be better handled in an Alfresco "Discussion" associated with the Review copy, rather than in the document?