On 1/29/2011 2:43 AM, David Nelson wrote:
Hi Hal, :-)

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:38, Hal Parker<halparker42@gmail.com>  wrote:
The one thing I am definitely NOT doing is changing the borders and the row
colours in tables of data. Now that the OOo books have their tables in
black, white, and gray, I can't see the need for taking the time to change
them to a slightly different pattern of black, white, and gray.
IMHO, you're absolutely right. Surely it's not an important branding
issue. I don't think we have to get pedantic about things, especially
when it involves a lot of work of secondary priority.

This coming week, I'll start helping you out, and will post at that
time to liaise with you about where I should jump in.

David Nelson

What I've found is that the only step that takes significant amounts of time is checking the figures -- I get through all the other stuff in less than half an hour, and the majority of that is changing the > signs to arrows in OOoComputerCode. So the changing of the tables, using context menu and menu bar, and so on is basically in the noise. I think we have to consider online users and not just printed copy users; the