Joining the documentation team

Hello LibreOffice documentation team!

I'm interested in contributing to LibreOffice, and since I don't know how to
code and I do know how to write, the documentation team seemed like a good
fit. Of the areas listed on libreoffice.org, the two that most interest me
(and I could do best) are "Authoring" and "Proofreading, reviewing and
editing." I worked as an assistant editor for the newspaper at my college,
so I have experience writing, editing, and proofreading (I also took classes
in journalism). I use Writer and Impess with some regularity, although I'm
no LibreOffice expert. I would be happy to send along some of my writing or
even a resume, if that would be useful.

Thanks,

Surat Lozowick

Student, Writer, Creator
Phone: 0489535454 (Belgium), 928-227-0474 (US), suratlozowick (Skype)
Blog: http://suratl.tumblr.com/
Shared Items: http://goo.gl/Q8n6

Hi :slight_smile:

Welcome in. Resumes and examples are not necessary. Just register and start
working your magic.

There are probably some guidelines to help with all this alfresco newness.
Alfresco is a fairly new system to us but it is rapidly getting much better as
people get used to it and report problems to the list so that they get fixed.

There are probably more guidelines to try to help us try to stay reasonably
consistent although i think we should avoid being excessive about that otherwise
it will take too long to get our first finished result out there.

I think our main focus should be on making sure we don't accidentally say
OpenOffice where we should say LibreOffice. Apart from that i think we can
forgive each other a lot.

Reviewing is probably an excellent idea because then you can just jump straight
in without worrying about the guidelines too much and perhaps just build up
from there.

Good luck and welcome in from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hello to you too. :slight_smile:

I have created an account for you on Alfresco and sent you an off-list
email with the particulars. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the team!

-- jdc

Thanks for the welcome! I think I'll start with reviewing and proof reading,
and perhaps expand later, depending on time and how it goes.

-Surat

Hi :slight_smile:

I don't know how to help with registration and login. Hopefully someone will
help you get setup soon.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Is all the text on the site also produced by the documentation team, or
another team? I would be interested in helping with that. If anyone could
help me get access, let me know!

-Surat

Hi :slight_smile:

There are a few websites. An important one is the wiki
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org

I'm still hoping someone else can help you register with the LibreOffice and
DocumentFoundation ones though.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link.

-Surat

Hi Surat, Tom, :slight_smile:

Welcome to the team, and thanks for volunteering. :slight_smile:

I'm still hoping someone else can help you register with the LibreOffice and
DocumentFoundation ones though.

If Surat actually needs an account on libreoffice.org he can certainly
have one. As for documentfoundation.org, it's not possible to sign-up
for an account there at present.

The Alfresco site would be the most important, I guess, and I see
Jeremy's already taken care of that.

David Nelson