Online help online?

I'm sure I read recently that the online help is available online (wiki,
perhaps?) but I've lost track of where it is.

Can someone remind me where to find it, please? Thanks.

Hal

http://help.libreoffice.org/

Nino

Thanks, Nino! I knew it would be something embarrassingly obvious. :wink:

Hal

I didn't know it either but just have read it in another forum a minute
before reading your mail :slight_smile:

Nino

Aaargh.

I did a minor edit and used "Save" but when i click on the link in the email to
view the page i can't see the edit.

If i then use the email's link to edit the document the edit is clearly there
done.

I've done something wrong but don't see what! Sorry. I guess i should have had
a cuppa tea before getting down to this

Hi Tom, :slight_smile:

In the notification messages from the CMS:

- one link sends you to the admin interface where you work on the
pages. There, it's natural that you will see your edit, since you
saved it;
- the other link sends you to the front end of the site, so you see
the page as Web visitors will see it.

But there's one thing I don't understand: notifications are usually
only sent when you publish the page. So if you only saved, you
should't get a notification mail. Should I understand you were
clicking in a link in a previous notification mail sent regarding a
different edit?

If you only save, you won't see any thing front-side on the site,
because you didn't yet *publish*. It's only when you publish that you
will see the effect of your change in the published pages.

In any case, for everyone with questions regarding the working of the
CMS, it's a good idea to sign up to the website mailing list, because
there are other people there who can often answer your questions
better and more quickly than the people on this list.

HTH.

I've done something wrong but don't see what!  Sorry.  I guess i should have had
a cuppa tea before getting down to this

P.S. Please refer to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy concerning
the benefits of a really *hot*, *fresh* cup of tea.

P.P.S. You forgot the final closing period ("full stop") in your above
statement. It's as bad as unclosed tags. Arrrgh! The nails scratching
down the walls! ... :smiley:

David Nelson

Lol, THHGTTG quote was very much appreciated. I didn't notice the (lack of)
full stop! Did you see Hal's reply about using <chuckle />? Neat.

I receive a huge amount of emails about "CMS Workflow" should i delete or ignore
these? Can we stop them being sent out? I used "Save" a couple of times but
only published once. Publishing made things a lot clearer.