On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Tom, *,

there is a world outside Alfresco inside our OpenSource-Project!

Am Samstag, 29. Januar 2011, 10:28:31 schrieb Tom Davies:
Hi :)

I think David and all have got Alfresco organised very well already and
are
quite quick to respond if things need doing.

At this point i think we need to move over to alfresco en-masse to see if
anyone has any minor glitches with it as they work.  I think that is the
fastest way to completing our first published result too.

If the adapted documents from ODFAuthors should be translated into other
languages,
they had to be published outside Alfresco (wiki, website) in
ODF-Fileformat. It is
also necessary that the current status of every document is written on this
list.
This is necessary from two reasons:
-- new volunteers / other members are only able to jump in, if they know
about the
upcomming work,
-- translation teams / other parts of our community are not aware of new
documents or
prospective new documents (they had to look for volunteers to do the work
asap).

Plenty of people have been beta-testing our implementation of Alfresco
and
it's ready for general use.  Hanging back would create problems now imo.
Heck, even i have used it successfully!

The Alfresco site is only one choice to do the documentation work. There
are other
ways and our members are free to choose the way that fits best for them (or
their
group).

I think each group (language team, or at least a group working on a
particular book) needs to choose where to coordinate that work. The English
team, or its leaders anyway, appear to have chosen to use Alfresco. If some
members of the team work elsewhere, then we run a great risk of duplication
and confusion.

Of course, that does not need to affect any other language team's decision.

Nor, in my opinion, does it mean that people working on a new book, or some
other documentation project within LibreOffice, need to use Alfresco.

Hal