Hi Hal, Tom, :-)

I am not paying much attention to terminological consistency, as I think
that's a "nice to have" that can wait until the next release of the book and
I'm not great at that level of detail anyway. I am trying to do all the
rebranding things, but no doubt I'll miss something that someone will pick
up on the next pass.

I think you're right about the terminology consistency. The most
important thing is that instructions should be *understandable* for
the audiences we target. In my own professional work, when I know I'm
addressing people with a certain level of understanding of a subject,
I sometimes use different terms for the same thing to arrive at a
nice, natural writing style - you don't want to sound too wooden.

Provided that it doesn't create a source of confusion for your
readership, I think it's OK.

My 2 cents.

Anyway, we give it our best shot, and then the proofreader can always
make adjustments. ;-)

I'll be there to help out just as soon as I've sent my current job
back to the client (deadline on Monday). ;-)