How to stop emails from CMS?

Now that I have access to the website, I'm getting messages whenever someone
changes any page. How can I stop these emails? Or at least restrict them to
pages that I might choose to "watch" or have made changes to myself?

Hal

+1

-- jdc

Hi, :slight_smile:

I am not aware of any way to change this. You'd have to go on the
website list and pester Christian Lohmaier about it.

My only solution is to set a filter of some kind in your mail client.

HTH, but I imagine it doesn't much...

David Nelson

Hi,

Now that I have access to the website, I'm getting messages whenever someone
changes any page. How can I stop these emails?

You could create a filter rule with your mail provider or in your
mail client.

Stefan

Hi :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem. Can we stop the website sending out these mails?
Filter rules often filter the wrong stuff aswell as the right stuff and it's
tricky to get the precise enough

From: Stefan Weigel <stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org>
To: documentation@libreoffice.org

> Now that I have access to the website, I'm getting messages
> whenever someone changes any page. How can I stop these emails?

You could create a filter rule with your mail provider or in your
mail client.

Stefan

I've set a rule to filter all messages with `CMS Workflow: LibreOffice`
in the subject and its working just fine. Seemed the simplest way to
avoid the hassle.

Still cooking up some content for the site, David. Sometimes it's a
saute pan, sometimes it's a crock-pot. :D.

-- jdc

Okay, I'll do the filter. No problem. Some systems have a tickbox for
individual users to choose whether to be notified, so it was worth checking.
Not that I can find any users' prefs for the website.

Hal

Hi Tom, :slight_smile:

Can we stop the website sending out these mails?

Not really, given that people have the ability to publish to the Web
without any peer review beforehand, these mails provide the only
safety barrier we have against problems.

But filters are easy to implement in most decent mail clients.

David Nelson

Hi, :slight_smile:

Still cooking up some content for the site, David. Sometimes it's a
saute pan, sometimes it's a crock-pot. :D.

Cool, Jeremy, thank you for that. :wink:

It's good to have people from docs working on the site. I'm certain
the quality of the content will benefit *a lot*.

David Nelson

Hi Hal, :slight_smile:

Okay, I'll do the filter. No problem. Some systems have a tickbox for
individual users to choose whether to be notified, so it was worth checking.
Not that I can find any users' prefs for the website.

I'm afraid all you currently have is:

https://www.libreoffice.org/ForumMemberProfile/edit

David Nelson

Hi :slight_smile:

To get this first issue completed faster and to avoid sending out these
thousands of emails please can people avoid using "Request Publication"?

If you think the document might be ready enough then just go straight to "Save
and Publish".

If you are not confident or feel slightly too unsure, or if you don't have
publishing rights yet then just use "Save" but let this list know the page is
nearly ready.

"Save" seems a good way of doing small or partial updates and getting them up on
the site for other editors/reviewers to see.

Hopefully David and Hal and people agree to this temporary work-around to get
our first release up there fast
Good luck and regards to all cheekily from
Tom :slight_smile:

Aaargh, sorry! I have sent a mail to the list already. I have only just woken
up!

After stuff gets published it automatically gets copied back to the editing
section so that people can immediately edit a 2nd edition of that page? If so
then i think we should just publish fast and not worry about errors too much.

I am getting bogged down in detail just to get used to working with Alfresco but
i hope to fly through fast when i am ready.

Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: